Wednesday 25 October 2017

Yoav Perlman comes to Bangor Birdgroup on Thursday this Week





    Yoav Perlman will be talking to us about "Birding in Israel, where migration is defined!"
    It's one not to miss!
    It's on Thursday, not wednesday, doors open at 7 for a 7.30 start. It's in the usual Brambell building, but in the upstairs lecture theatre. Numbers are limited to 50 seats so get there early to avoid disappointment.See you on Thursday!
    Yoav says this about himself 
    "I have been birding since the age of 9, and from the age of 15 I started working professionally in birding. I have been working for the Israeli Ornithological Center since 1998. I was a member of the Israeli rarities committee between 2001 - 2007. I have an MSc in Ecology from the Ben Gurion University. I did my research on the ecology of Nubian Nightjars in Israel, and spent hundreds of nights with these fascinating birds. I lead tours in Israel, and especially focus on Nubian Nightjars obviously. I traveled and birded Asia extensively, and also Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Africa and North America. I am married to my lovely wife Adva and father to two sons - Uri and Noam, and one daughter - Libby. Currently I live in Norwich, where I am starting a PhD project at UEA."



No comments:

Post a Comment