Wednesday 25 February 2015

The Teal and the Tree Sparrow

I was on a course in Bangor yesterday and managed to squeeze a little bit of lunchtime birding in, 5 minutes to be precise! But luckily the American Green Winged Teal was showing well on the Afon Seiont in the usual spot from the Scottish Power car park. I also had a female peregrine fly over at Penrhosgarnedd.
This morning I heard a Song Thrush singing in the back garden, as I looked out of the sky-light I noticed it was fighting with a starling for the best singing perch in the hawthorn tree. I looked down near the feeders and there was a cracking little Tree Sparrow, a garden tick and the first I've seen onAnglesey  for quite a few years!

2 comments:

  1. Haven't seen Tree Sparrow on Anglesey for many years , back when Pili Palas was a must stop on a Birdrace! Do yo have a garden open day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone is welcome to come and peek over my fence at the feeders :-)

    ReplyDelete