Friday 4 April 2014

Anglesey this week (Friday 4th April)

After a great long weekend in Northern Spain (photos to follow) I've managed to squeeze in a bit of birding this week. On tuesday 2nd April  I had my first singing Blackcap in Llangefni Dingle.On wednesday there were 6 Sand Martins hawking over Llangefni Dingle. Also on wednesday a Spotted Redshank put in a brief appearance at Cemlyn on the pool in the field closest to the Trwyn. At lunchtime today at Llyn Cefni, highlights included 3 singing Willow Warblers, lots of Chiffchaffs, 5 Sand Martins and a redhead Goosander.
Tonight at Cemlyn I had 7 Black tailed Godwits, 1 Greenshank, Little Egret, 2 Grey Plover, 202 Golden Plover, 1 Wheatear, 6 Med Gulls and 50 + Sandwich Terns at least.





1 comment:

  1. Spring has sprung, must visit South Stack very soon. I make the trip once a year.

    ReplyDelete