Saturday 1 September 2012

Kvismare fågelstation, Sweden - 7 weeks of ringing birds and 'patching' daily!

1cy male Bluethroat
3cy+ female Lesser Spotted Woodpecker
1 of 27 1cy Marsh Warbler
1cy Thrush Nightingale
1cy Red-backed Shrike
1cy Common Rosefinch
1cy Savi's Warbler
2cy Great Reed Warbler
1cy female Bearded Tit, Blue Tit and Penduline Tit
2cy+ Icterine Warbler

I am coming to the end of my 7 and a bit weeks at Kvismare fågelstation in Sweden and thought I'd share some of my ringing highlights from the last month and a half.
Non-ringing highlights have been 6000+ Common Crane, daily White-tailed Eagles, flock of 9 Temminck's Stint, Red-throated Pipit, Black Kite, Montague's Harrier, Continental race of Coal Tit, Nuthatch and Long-tailed Tit. In addition I have also enjoyed view of Beaver, Moose, Wolves and heard a big male Lynx.

An incredible experience and I hope you enjoy the photos. I have been updating my blog every day, so if you would like to see more, please read my blog - www.zacswildlifeblog.blogspot.com

1 comment: